NPTR: Alert 314: Community Updates

Nevada Property Tax Revolt Alert Email Group alert at NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
Thu Feb 18 16:20:39 PST 2021

Community Updates

ALERT: #314

DATE: February 18, 2021

TO: Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners

FROM: Village League Tax Revolt Committee

Dear Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners,

The Washoe County Treasurer has submitted her first official property tax refund status report to the District Court. The good news is that some 4,000 notices have been mailed and another 1,000 are about to be mailed.  That is over 50% of the total to be sent.  Less impressive is that only about 1,800 taxpayers have submitted their refund claims.

Refund checks will not automatically be mailed.  When you receive a notice you MUST RESPOND AND SUBMIT A CLAIM to receive a refund.  Claims can be made online or via mail.  The claims process is crucial because it ensures everyone who is owed a refund is found, that the refund goes to the right individual(s) and that no one is overlooked. To learn more check out our FAQ at https://nevadapropertytaxrevolt.org/?page_id=790

NEW ISSUES FOR OUR COMMUNITY

Our lengthy tax revolt campaign has been a success.  Yet there is plenty of work ahead to ensure refunds are delivered.  And we will remain vigilant for many years to come.  But fair property taxation is not the only issue faced by Incline Village and Crystal Bay residents.

There are more local champions looking after our community’s well being beyond The Village League to Save Incline Assets.

Two recent hot issues are 1) short term rental regulation and; 2) a proposal to convert the old elementary school property into a bus station and parking lot.  Both would make significant impacts on the character of our town and the experience of living here. Local advocates are passionate about enrolling our community to make its voice heard.

As always, the starting point is to become informed.  One positive step we would urge everyone to take is to sign up for the newsletters sent by the Incline Village Crystal Bay Community 1st team.  Not only can you delve into these urgent issues but also get important local news ranging from IVGID operations, Washoe County Sheriff activities to COVID vaccine information.  Simply subscribe at:  https://www.ivcbcommunity1st.org/subscribe  We owe it to ourselves and neighbors to engage and make a difference.

Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:

-Todd Lowe, President

-Les Barta, Vice President

-Dale Akers, Secretary Treasurer

-Dean Ingemanson, Director

Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.

www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org

Village.League at yahoo.com

# # #