NPTR: Alert #140: More News!

Wayne Fischer TahoeWayne at nvbell.net
Tue Jul 31 08:28:17 PDT 2007

*MORE NEWS!*

*ALERT:* #140
*DATE:* July 31, 2007
*TO:* Incline Village & Crystal Bay Property Owners
*FROM:* Village League Tax Revolt Committee

*Dear** Incline Village & Crystal Bay** Property Owners,*

Just last Thursday, we received another powerful and favorable Order
from the Nevada Supreme Court which said in part:

    * In Bakst (the 2003-2004 case), seventeen taxpayers and owners of
      real property located near Lake Tahoe and Incline Village
      contested exactly the same methods utilized by the Assessor in
      this appeal ***this court agreed, that Nevada statutes do not
      permit the Assessor to adopt methods of property valuation not
      authorized by the Nevada Tax Commission***this court held that the
      methodologies were invalid and unconstitutional because they
      violated the Nevada Constitutional requirement that property be
      taxed according to a uniform and equal rate of assessment.

The Order was in answer to an Action for Declaratory Relief that was
filed by Attorney Suellen Fulstone in November 2006 on behalf of the:

    * VILLAGE LEAGUE TO SAVE INCLINE ASSETS, INC., A NEVADA NON-PROFIT
      CORPORATION, ON BEHALF OF ITS MEMBERS, AND OTHERS SIMILARLY
      SITUATED...

In other words, the Supreme Court clarified that the Decision that they
issued last December did not just apply to those seventeen taxpayers
involved in that lawsuit, which is what the State and Washoe County have
been trying to argue, but is applicable to /*ALL */of the residents of
the IV/CB area, as everyone is a member of the Village League.

*SUGGESTED ATTENDANCE*

On Wednesday evening, August 1, at 7:00 P.M. at the IVGID Boardroom, the
current Washoe County Assessor, Josh Wilson is going to speak about the
Assessor's office plan to reappraise Incline Village and Crystal Bay for
next year's taxes.

The Village League has engaged the services of a court reporter for the
occasion.  It would be an especially appropriate time to ask Mr. Wilson
some of the questions that have us all guessing.  I might suggest that
you confer with your neighbors, and if they are unable to attend,
solicit questions from them that might be interesting to everyone.
With our two huge Supreme Court cases yet to be heard, we certainly want
to know exactly what the Assessor plans to do with our property taxes,
so we can share those thoughts with the Justices!

We do hope that many of you will take the time to attend.  We MUST let
them know that we haven't gone away and are still in the fight.

Hopefully, I will see you there, at the CAB meeting on Wednesday.

Sincerely,

*/Maryanne Ingemanson/*

Maryanne Ingemanson, President
Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.
www.NevadaPropertyTaxRevolt.org
mingemanson at charter.net

*Village League to Save Incline Assets Board Members:*
    * Maryanne Ingemanson, President
    * Dale Akers, Historian
    * Les Barta, Law Research
    * John Carney, Analyst
    * Wayne Fischer, Webmaster
    * Ted Harris, Tax Revolt Committee Chairman
    * Todd Lowe, Financial,
    * Chuck Otto, Public Relations

*Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc.*
1165 Vivian Lane, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone: 775-831-4011, Fax 775-831-0325
Email: mingemanson at charter.net

#  #  #